Re: Open Hardware Camera for Conference Recording

Hi Sebastian,

On 2021/01/01 20:46, Sebastian Pichelhofer wrote:
> Dear Deb Conf Video Team
>
> We (www.apertus.org <http://www.apertus.org>) are developing open
> hardware and free software cameras and technology and are considering
> advancing one particular platform from a prototype to a hardware kit to
> produce: AXIOM Micro
> https://wiki.apertus.org/index.php/AXIOM_Micro
> <https://wiki.apertus.org/index.php/AXIOM_Micro>
>
> It has an image sensor with slightly above Full HD resolution, swappable
> lens mount and with two plugin module slots can output HDMI live video
> and/or raw video over USB3 (still in development).

This looks interesting! My main concern with USB output is the distance
limit. Our current setup uses SDI running to a single capture PC that
does the vision switching. Obviously we could put a capture PC (some
small SoC) next to each camera, it just requires additional changes to
our setup and configuration during events.

> As this camera could be a perfect fit for lecture and conference
> recording we want to learn more about your streaming/recording setup and
> your requirements and discuss if what we have in mind would be
> interesting to you.

Our current set-up is documented here:

https://debconf-video-team.pages.debian.net/docs/room_setup.html

We currently work at 720p capture at 50 or 60 fps (filming country
dependant) from the cameras, streaming and recording.

> Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions/ideas!
>
> Is there anyone else you would suggest to get in touch with?

FOSDEM, PyConAU off the top of my head

> Regards Sebastian

Cheers
Kyle