Re: [Budget approval request] Debian Video Team audio hardware refresh

On Wed, Dec 5, 2018 at 4:29 AM Daniel Lenharo de Souza
<lenharo@debian.org> wrote:

> So,
>
> Em 05-12-2018 00:56, Carl Karsten escreveu:
> > simple answer: it's too much trouble.
> > (i've done such things)
> >
> > The short version of the longer answer involves loving what we do, and
> > what we do is not supply equipment to groups for money.  You are
> > welcome to debate this, but really you need to find a person that
> > wants to be responsible for actually doing it.   Hopefully no one
> > thinks they want to, because it is a thankless job that just isn't
> > fun.
> >

> why when we asked about buying a computer to use in the transmissions
> we make in Brazil, was it said that since we did not use only Debian we
>   should talk to the events to divide the investment?

The audio hardware request can stand on it's own, the equipment is
needed for DebConf (s).  it is a reasonable investment assuming
renting over time will be more money and work than purchasing and
having the same equipment each time.
Once the equipment is acquired, it may get used at other events too,
but that detail isn't needed to justify the purchase.