Re: [Budget approval request] Debian Video Team audio hardware refresh

simple answer: it's too much trouble.
(i've done such things)

The short version of the longer answer involves loving what we do, and
what we do is not supply equipment to groups for money.  You are
welcome to debate this, but really you need to find a person that
wants to be responsible for actually doing it.   Hopefully no one
thinks they want to, because it is a thankless job that just isn't
fun.