Re: Preparing UTFPR for the video team

On 2018-08-16 19:30, Carl Karsten wrote:
> * Opsis
> This will need a small computer, really anything with usb2 and gig
> eathernet that can run linux.

The opsis board we gave them has a Minnowboard Turbot inside its case.

> * minipc
> Specs?
> i3 2gig of ram is acceptable. 10gig of disk per hour of recording.
> pci-e slot for the capture card.

In our recent tests, a 2015 i5 was not sufficient to run voctomix
properly. I would highly recommend you get a machine with a recent i7 CPU.

> * Splitter HDMI
> not needed.
>
> * Cameras (borrowed from the university
> What model?
> they should have balanced audio in, and SDI or HDMI output.

SDI is preferable to HDMI, since you'll have to use HDMI extenders if
you go with HDMI.

The camera should be able to do 720p.

> You should have the talk schedule figured out a week or so in advance,
> and put together the title and footer svg files.   you can do this
> after the event, but it is much less likely it will get done.
>

> On Thu, Aug 16, 2018 at 5:42 PM Rodrigo Siqueira
> <rodrigosiqueiramelo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> We don't have the capture board yet; we will try to borrow or buy it. Do
>> we need more equipment than that? Does someone have any advice on this
>> first attempt?

If you buy capture cards, please try to get the same cards we have. Ours
are Blackmagic Decklink Mini Recorder and cost around 150USD/card.

It might also be a good idea to think about getting tally lights [1]. We
bought serial PCI-e cards for our mixing computers and pair those with
serial to ethernet adapters and a serial led at the end.

In theory, the 'Hardware' section of our documentation [2] lists
everything you need.

[1]
https://debconf-video-team.pages.debian.net/docs/hardware.html#tally-lights
[2] https://debconf-video-team.pages.debian.net/docs/hardware.html