Re: [Debconf-video] Audio gear at ARM for the videoteam for the Cambridge Mini-DC

On 25/10/2017 16:12, Steve McIntyre wrote:
Hi!

Sorry for the lack of response - I was away at the Debian Cloud sprint
last week and I'm still catching up...

On Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 08:09:21PM -0400, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
On 2017-10-13 03:36, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
Hi Steve,

We (the DebConf Videoteam) had a meeting yesterday in preparation for
the Cambridge Mini-DC and we were wondering about the audio setup at ARM.

Mainly, do you have any audio gear (microphones, PA, etc.), or should we
bring our stuff?

We do have a microphone kit for a room (2 headset mics and 2 handhelds)
and a mixing console, but we don't have:

* a PA system
* microphone stands
* ambient microphones

Alternatively, is there any weird room setup we should be aware of (long
runs to the projector, weird PA console, etc.)?

The setup here is the same as what we had last year, which I'd hope
people will remember:

   double projectors for the front of the room
   ambient mics and inset speakers overhead, along with repeater
   displays (TVs) as the floor is flat
   amplifier behind the presenter
   control unit for PA and displays on the presenter rostrum

It's not a particularly big room, maybe 10m x 8m at a guess. There's
easy space at the back of the room to set up. Andy, Nicolas, Stefano,
etc. have set this up before without any issues.

We will need to bring radio mics, mixer and cables as well as cameras.

The connection at front of house for PA is IIRC 3.5mm socket. (may be a flying 3.5mm plug to connect to a laptop) From memory there is a gooseneck mic at front but this is very directional....
PA system has AGC so we have very little control of the in room mix.
Video connection is a HDMI or VGA
Network needs to be cabled (no patching available) and we will need a NAT host which will be given a local dhcp assigned address and we may need to tunnel out (certainly no inbound connections)

/me will try and be with you for the sprint but right now that is looking doubtful (even though it has been booked as holiday for some time)

/andy