Re: [Debconf-video] MiniDebConf Prishtina video

On 10/10/17 19:20, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 10, 2017 at 10:54:56AM +0200, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>>> Another option could be to use the autofocus to focus on the speaker,
>>> and then switch it off. It will then remain in focus on the spot where
>>> it was.
>> This can be a good option for situations where the speaker can't move a
>> lot (e.g. they are behind a desk or podium)
> Right.
>
>>> Alternatively, use a smaller crop on the camera (the smaller the sensor,
>>> the larger the field of view), and use aperture priority mode to get an
>>> aperture opening that is as small as possible. If you do it right, you
>>> can get the entire stage set in focus, and you shouldn't need to change
>>> the focus at all (but you'll need more light to be able to do so).
>>>
>>> At any rate though, again, a DSLR isn't the best option to do video
>>> with. Yes, you can do it, but it's not necessarily the best choice.
>> Agreed, but DSLR with video capability is very common these days and in
>> those cases where a full video setup is not available it could be useful
>> to give people a cheat-sheet for what we've discussed
> Our long-term goal is to be able to ship a box with enough gear to do a
> recording with our Debconf cameras to miniconfs. Once we have that, this
> wouldn't be necessary anymore.
>
> (obviously that doesn't help for events that aren't Debian events, or
> where nobody we know will be present, but still)
>
>> The upload from Prishtina has finished, it is under
>>
>> vittoria.debian.org:/home/pocock/2017-10-07-prishtina
>>
>> I've started to receive slides by email, I'll rsync them to vittoria
>> when I have the lot.
> For clarity, the meetings-archive currently doesn't hold any slides.
> Traditionally, we've been adding those to annex.debconf.org.

In this case, I was anticipating that the slides might be edited into
the final videos and so copies of them could be kept with the raw data
(audio and video files)

>> Can you suggest how volunteers can retrieve and play with these files
>> now?  I'd like to notify them on the FLOSSK list (Kosovo) and Open Labs
>> forum (Albania)
> I'm working on the necessary changes for sreview, and then people will
> be able to manage them through there. For that though, I'd need to know
> what the start time (preferably at as small a resolution as you can
> manage) of the different WAV files is. Currently that's kindof unclear.
>
> If you want to absolutely not do that, then hrm, we'll have to think of
> something else.

I think the WAV filenames are UNIX timestamps

stat.txt shows the end time for each recording, I think those are CET
(UTC+2)

The video files may also contain some meta-data with timestamps.  We
didn't quite run to schedule though.

Regards,

Daniel