Re: [Debconf-video] Training video: voctomix

On Sat, Sep 9, 2017 at 6:14 AM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
On Fri, Sep 08, 2017 at 04:14:12PM -0500, Carl Karsten wrote:
> I like.

me too. also a nice script, Carl!

> meta:  How do we reconcile the preferences of different team leads?  Like
> Ryan doesn't like PnP, says vollies play with it too much, says "everything
> full screen, one stream at a time."   I love PnP - part of my training
> includes "even though you can't read the text, the viewer will like knowing
> there isn't anything new on the screen."

I think the way out here is to cover both (all) workflows and explain that
different projects prefer different ways. This way this tutorial video will
be useful for us all, just each time needs to agree which way they want.

I'm good with this.

I'm considering mentioning that there are different opinions...
something like "there are different styles, here are some examples, respect the team leads wishes"
but...
I am not sure that is a good use of time.

I am also thinking even if we can squeeze lots of things into 5 min, we should not pollute the important things we need to cover with stuff that we think we can cram in because we are under some arbitrary time limit.