Re: [Debconf-video] Talk, and evaluation

On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 08:36:18PM +0100, Andy Simpkins wrote:
> On 15/08/17 12:34, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> (2) Voctomix appears to be stable - more flexibility with the picture in
> picture would be nice but if I am saying that it is because everything else
> is already good.

OTOH, more flexibility with the application means people will play with
it more during the talk, which means worse videos. I think what we have
is just fine, and we don't need to change that any.

> (3) Opsis still has a way to go but is already much better (and more stable)
> than the old TwinPacks

Better? Sure. Stable? Not so sure. I did see a whole lot of flickering
going on, and that's definitely something we need to work on.

It's absolutely good that we can support more than just VGA, and that we
can support higher resolutions than 800x600 without too many issues; but
there's still some work to be done. I trust that whoever is dealing with
the opsis firmware is on top of it, though :-)

> I haven't really looked at the record / review systems (I will get
> interested in them at some point I promise)

:-)

> For my part I promise over the next few months to work on (pretty much what
> I was supposed to do last year and didn't)
> (A) Building Turbots into the Opsis box to provide Ethernet video out (i.e.
> self contained PC in the same case)
> (B) Sort out kit for ONE talk room (we can replicate later)
>   - Spec the equipment needed
>   - Fit into flight cases in such a way we just plug cases together not
> individual bits of kit...

Cool.

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab