Re: [Debconf-video] Producing interviews during DebCamp

On Fri, Jul 07, 2017 at 09:03:40PM -0500, Carl Karsten wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 8:50 PM, Louis-Philippe Véronneau <pollito@riseup.net
> > wrote:
>
> > I talked to Valessio about this the other day and I don't think it would
> > pose a problem.
> >
> > We are going to have to setup a test rig somewhere, and we can have
> > Valessio sit people in front of it as long as he does not need a super
> > quiet environment.
> >

> or expect it to work ;)
>
> I would advise against using the R&D equipment for such things.   If it
> isn't broken 1/2 the time you aren't doing it right ;)
>
> but setting up a 2nd rig that is mostly always up isn't out of the question.

Another option would be a modern SLR that does HD video. Not an
option for talk streaming but for interviews, works well and there are
likely to be some personally-owned ones on site already? I'd offer to
get involved with my 6D but I won't arrive until Debian Day (Saturday).
As long as there is a lavalier mic available with DSLR connectivity
and a tripod, it can be completely independent from videoteam setup which
may make things easier?

Cheers,
Dominic.