Re: [Debconf-video] Report from last week-end's single-user single-day DebConf Video sprint

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 11:33 AM, Tim Ansell <mithro@mithis.com> wrote:
> The nageru post doesn't talk about audio/video sync at all?

Not explicitly, but as both audio and video don't block, they are in sync.

> Also, after reading that document, I don't quite understand why he isn't
> just using a simple triple buffering system? The triple buffering method can
> be extended to an arbitrary number of inputs and outputs and gives you ideal
> (lowest possible latency) frame rate matching without tearing.

Unless I am misunderstanding what you're saying, you are mixing frame
rendering and queuing. The blog post I linked is about the latter.

Nageru treats frames as atomic when queuing and thus has no issues
with tearing, queuing is about stuttering.

This does bring up an interesting point, though: Is there something to
read up upon voctomix' queuing? I didn't dig into that when LCA had
their issues, but I suspect that that's related.

Richard