Re: [Debconf-video] Testing Nageru in parallel during DC17? [was: (Re: Report from last week-end's single-user single-day DebConf Video sprint)]

On 27/06/2017 20:40, David Noble wrote:
> Hi

>> The opsis will support 1080p through an SDI add-on board that has just
>> been funded. [1]
>
> Just FYI, AJA have released the U-Tap[1], which is a standard UVC
> device that can capture 3G-SDI, and appears to be cheaper than the
> Opsis. It also requires no special wiring.
>
> From what I read on their website, it will pass video uncompressed;
> thus avoiding the compression / decompression stage in the Opsis.
> Maybe it's worth getting one to test with?
>
> [1] https://www.aja.com/products/u-tap-sdi

One of the main advantages of the Opsis is that it is open hardware. I
do think, however that the U-Tap does sound promising, and the fact that
it supports Linux ("easily") out the box puts it above the BlackMagic
DeckLink in my book.

Cheers
Kyle