Re: [Debconf-video] Testing Nageru in parallel during DC17? [was: (Re: Report from last week-end's single-user single-day DebConf Video sprint)]

Hi

> The opsis will support 1080p through an SDI add-on board that has just
> been funded. [1]

Just FYI, AJA have released the U-Tap[1], which is a standard UVC
device that can capture 3G-SDI, and appears to be cheaper than the
Opsis. It also requires no special wiring.

>From what I read on their website, it will pass video uncompressed;
thus avoiding the compression / decompression stage in the Opsis.
Maybe it's worth getting one to test with?

[1] https://www.aja.com/products/u-tap-sdi

Cheers

Dave