Re: [Debconf-video] Testing Nageru in parallel during DC17? [was: (Re: Report from last week-end's single-user single-day DebConf Video sprint)]

On 27/06/2017 18:27, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 5:14 PM, Kyle Robbertze <krobbertze@gmail.com> wrote:
>> As far as I understand it, the 1080p+ is simply a firmware change, so I
>> assume that can be done at a later stage, if and when we need 1080p.
>
> From what I know, the Opsis board uses USB 2.0[1], which maxes out at
> 480 Mb/s, whereas 1080p starts at around 800 Mb/s[2]; I was under the
> impression that this is a hardware limitation, but would gladly be
> corrected.

I thought you were talking about the Sony camera. Also the firmware
"unlock" on that s for 4k I now realise, going back through the emails.

The opsis will support 1080p through an SDI add-on board that has just
been funded. [1]

[1] https://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20170619.013018.611756fe.en.html

Cheers
Kyle