Re: [Debconf-video] Suggestions around Opsis board purchases (was Re: Approval for DebConf Video Team equipment purchases)

On Mon, Jun 19, 2017 at 08:20:18AM +0200, Kyle Robbertze wrote:
> On 19/06/2017 03:30, Tim Ansell wrote:
> > The Milkymist board adds Audio, MIDI and DMX capabilities. This will
> > very useful for testing Kyle's work on USB Audio before the extracting
> > audio from the HDMI stream is finished. It also lets you experiment with
> > interfacing with control decks which have mechanical faders and tally
> > lights.
> Does the DMX capability provide a full universe of addressable space?
> Personally I think the audio capture would be useful, but I am biased
> there :)

Also: can it be made to work with with open source DMX control software, such
as OLA[1] and QLC[2]? That might be interesting, too.

[1] https://packages.debian.org/src:ola -- yes, I'm biased too :-)
[2] https://sourceforge.net/projects/qlc/ -- not packaged yet AFAIK, volunteers
    welcome...

[...]
> > The TOFE Low Speed IO boards add useful buttons and indicator LEDs,
> > another USB serial port and adding custom IO controls. This makes it
> > significantly easier to debug issues with the board as you can get
> > console output even when the USB is being reset. The buttons and LEDs
> > also allow control at an event (like switching inputs/outputs) without
> > needing to log into the capture PC.

Might be used as tally lights, too... provided vocto supports that (no clue)

[...]

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab