Re: [Debconf-video] DebConf16

On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 05:27:52PM -0400, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 10:21:42PM +0100, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > We should still be prepared to fall back to dvswitch then, I guess.
> > That means we definitely need DV cameras, and so I think it makes sense
> > to ship stuff from Paris to Cape Town (because renting DV cameras in
> > this day and age is... well, let's not go there).
>
> I'd recommend researching the situation in Cape Town and not assuming
> Africa is like Europe.

The point is that DV cameras haven't been made in several years now.
That means that whatever you may want to rent (Africa or Europe, no
matter), such cameras will be somewhat older. If they're rental cameras,
that means they'll have seen some abuse, and won't be in as good a
state. Even if we can still find rental DV cameras (possible, but not
likely), I anticipate multiple issues that I'd prefer to avoid.

Having our own cameras (which we know) is therefore a better idea, even
if that turns out to be slightly more expensive.

> > We should probably focus on that first then, so that we know it is
> > sorted.
> >
> > So, inventory:
>
> Nice list! I'd recommend putting it in the wiki immediatly, else
> experience shows it will get lost on the list…

Good point, I'll do so (once I have reactivated my logon -- apparently
forgot my password)

--
< ron> I mean, the main *practical* problem with C++, is there's like a dozen
       people in the world who think they really understand all of its rules,