Re: [Debconf-video] Preparing for DC16

Whoops, I hadn't seen this mail. Let me reply to it first :-)

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 04:43:43PM -0400, Louis-Philippe Véronneau wrote:
> Hey videoteam!
>
> I had the fortune to meet tumbleweed at LibrePlanet during the weekend
> and he told me we still had a lot to do to prepare video for DC16...
>
> From what I remember we need to:
>
> 1) Decide if we ship everything from Paris to Cape Town or rent stuff there
>
> 2) Make a budget accordingly
>
> 3) Decide what software stack we'll use
>
> Here's what I think:
>
> 1)
>
> Since CT is quite far from Paris and we are quite late for boat
> shipping, I think the best would be shipping essential stuff (cameras,
> the new boards replacing the twinpacts, laptops) and rent out/ buy the
> rest (sound mixers, microphones) .

I don't think we ship by boat usually, it just takes too long.

> 3)
>
> Tiago worked with the CCC reviewing software last year at DC15 and it
> seemed to work quite nicely. Should we keep veyepar?

I think we should use the CCC software. We used veyepar only because it
was set up and ready first, but a) AFAICT it has no support for non-DV
video, and b) the CCC software just seems nicer (no offense, Carl).

> I'm not as good on a technical level as some of you may be (yet!), but
> I'm happy to help out with human related stuff.
>
> Oh, and last thing, we should really have a meeting soon to try to iron
> out some of the things. I'll wait for replies and send a link later this
> week.

Yeah, that's probably a good idea too.

--
< ron> I mean, the main *practical* problem with C++, is there's like a dozen
       people in the world who think they really understand all of its rules,