Re: [Debconf-video] Mirrorbrain for debian video archive

Hi Michael (2015.11.06_16:20:02_+0200)
> AFAICT, pretty much the whole debian video infrastructure is running
> on systems not maintained by Debian

Nope. Most of the infrastructure is on machines owned by Debian, or
DebConf. DebConf infrastructure is largely on VMs on hardware belonging
to a DebConf sysadmin, but hosting on Debian hardware is becomming more
common.

> - even the "official archive" under meetings-archive.debian.net
> is just ftp.acc.umu.se?

That's a mirror of our primary (internal-only) archive. We redirect
users to ftp.acc.umu.se, as they can handle the traffic better.

And this is where we don't really need a mirrorbrain. There is only that
one public mirror (that I know of). It'd be a lot more useful if there
were more mirrors.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera