Re: [Debconf-video] archive Debian & Stuff podcast?

On Thu, 2014-10-23 at 00:32 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:

> that needs apt-get install podget? why not wget?

wget doesn't support reading RSS files and downloading files mentioned
in them. podget actually uses wget to do the downloading.

> yeah, I'd also be happy to get an email once in a while telling me to
> wget this url. better yet: send this mail to debconf-video@l.d.o so we
> can share that load!

You could setup rss2email (or rss2irc) for that.

> so its some software we'd need to install ;) is the stable version
> sufficient?

The wheezy version of podget works for me:

mkdir ~/.podget/
echo 'http://www.debianandstuff.com/listen/?format=rss' > ~/.podget/serverlist
echo 'dir_library=/path/to/debiannstuff/' > ~/.podget/podgetrc
podget

--
bye,
pabs