Re: [Debconf-video] DC 14 videos

David Schmitt wrote:
Thank you all for making and putting up the videos for DC14! While watching a few of them, I noticed that http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2014/debconf14/webm/A_glimpse_into_a_systemd_future.webm has a few glitches (playing both in chrome and vlc) which look as if the player starts to fastforward for a short period of time. The first instances
are between 1:05 and 1:30.
A few more notes on the videos I watched:

Good videos:

  * Docker_Debian.webm
  * GRUB_ancient_and_modern.webm
  * GnuPG_in_Debian_BoF.webm
  * QA_with_Linus_Torvalds.webm

Videos with issues:

  * A_glimpse_into_a_systemd_future.webm: glitches as described above
* Infrastructure_updates_can_we_change_anything_in_less_than_2_years.webm:
    - truncated at 38:10 in the middle of discussion
    - not seekable
  * Jessie_bits_from_the_release_team.webm
    - ends with a frame saying "INVALID" in big letters
  * One_year_of_fedmsg_in_Debian.webm
    - picture freeze from 8:55 to ~9:30
    - skips sound from 8:55 to ~10:00

More good videos:

  * Quit_logging_or_data_minimization_in_Debian.webm
  * Removing_obsolete_packages_for_fun_and_profit.webm
  * Reproducible_Builds_for_Debian_a_year_later.webm
  * Validation_and_Continuous_Integration_BoF.webm
  * Weapons_of_the_Geek.webm
  * Whats_new_in_the_Linux_kernel.webm
  * debci_and_the_Debian_Continuous_Integration_project.webm
  * dgit_treat_the_archive_as_a_git_remote.webm
  * debdry_Debian_Dont_Repeat_Yourself.webm

More notes:

  * The_state_of_the_bootstrap.webm
- could use removal of a few seconds silence/setup at the beginning, before the actual talk starts.
  * tasksel_default_desktop_requalification.webm
    - some non-critical video errors
- sound could use a filter for the background noise and a compressor to lift voice (I used vlc locally to fix this)

All in all the videos were really a great resource to get a in-depth view into the debconf. Thanks for your time and effort!

Regards, David