Re: [Debconf-video] video index site

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 4:48 PM, Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:

> videos.d.n is quite very confusing as there is already video.d.n

Seconded. This is what mailman held due to a missing subscription
(with the correct sending address):

Does it really make sense to have 'video' and 'videos' at once? It
seems as if this would lead to confusion down the road.

Probably not, but I didn't want to try and take over an existing name.

If anyone thinks  video.debian.net can be used, that wold be great.

Will the service at videoS.d.n live for a long time? If not, another
namespace may be better.

I expect it will live for years.

In this specific case, video.debconf14.debconf.org might be the best
option. Event-specific and without risk of confusion. It _is_ kinda
long, though.

The host name shouldn't be event-specific.  event is one of the fields in the db, so you can pull up all the talks by the same person/topic/tag over the years:
example:
http://pyvideo.org/speaker/307/ben-rousch

I plan to pull in all the previous dc videos, but that can wait till later.  Getting the speaker names may be hard, so that likely won't happen.

Richard