Re: [Debconf-video] Proposal Video Loop to stream with Sponsors Logo

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 04:12:24PM -0300, ValessioBrito wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I make other proposal "p0"  in http://debianart.org/dc14/

Of your four proposals, I prefer that one, though I would try to make
the transition between "debconf logo" and "zooming debian logo" slightly
smoother. I would also try to make the zooming debian logo actually end
in the location of the top-left debian logo -- what you have now is
slightly jarring.

p1 is okay, but slightly boring. Basically, it's a "still" slide show
with fading transitions; there's a lot more that you can do with video
animation above and beyond a still slide show and fade effects. Some
suggestions:

- try to animate the rose; add some sparkling effects to the thorns, or
  maybe try to make the leaves move.
- try to put some emphasis on the graphical idea of the debian logo
  inside the rose, for instance by morphing the debian logo into the
  rose to some extent,
- deconstruct the debconf logo and make it appear one bit at a time.

I hate p2 and p3. "1990s powerpoint effects overload" is the first thing
that comes to mind. Sorry.

--
It is easy to love a country that is famous for chocolate and beer

  -- Barack Obama, speaking in Brussels, Belgium, 2014-03-26