Re: [Debconf-video] Question on Creating Subtitle (srt) File

[please cc me: I'm not subscribed to debconf-video]

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 01:50:51PM +0700, Zaki Akhmad wrote:
[...]
> And another thanks goes to the subtitle, since the Bits from DPL has subtitle.
> I'm curious how to make this subtitle (srt) file with it's time stamp.
> Is it created manually? How to match the time? What video player with
> high precision time to miliseconds?

To create the subtitles I've used a specific tool, aegisub: you can find
a little how-to here:

http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20120717.132849.fb410503.en.html

An alternative is to use Amara, an online platform for
collaborative subtitling:
http://www.universalsubtitles.org

On Amara, I've also added "Understanding Debian" by Bdale Garbee (this
means that it's ready for translations!).
You can find it here:
http://www.universalsubtitles.org/en/videos/Ocm1VgQAiu10/info/

I'm not sure which of these two different workflows is better, or
easier for contributors, so suggestions are more than welcome!

Cheers,
Francesca
--
"Nostra patria è il mondo intero