Re: [Debconf-video] [Debconf-team] Debconf12 statistics

Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> writes:

> Hi Maswan,
>
> cc:ing debconf-team@ so someone can pick this up and put into the final
> report...
>
> On Donnerstag, 6. September 2012, Mattias Wadenstein wrote:
>> I know I promised this earlier, but here it finally is. For July&August
>> (and maybe the first couple of days of september) access statistics for
>> the pub/debian-meetings/2012/debconf12 directory:
>>
>> 3653.8 GiB of data downloaded by 7162 unique IPs.
>>
>> This is spread out over 455029 http requests, but that would also be
>> http-redirects, partial gets, and all sorts of client behaviour, so a
>> better number for "videos watched" is probably the total data number
>> divided by average video size.

Or to just use the number of unique IPs as an approcximate estimate of
the number of people watching the videos. I assume that the people
watching from different IPs more or less balance the IPs that have
multiple persons behind.

I wanted to add this number to the DC13 sponsoring brochure but
discovered that the archived videos do not show the sponsor logos. Are
there similar statistics available about the streams? I think the number
of unique IPs would be enough.

Also we could think about adding a short about 5-10s loop of the
sponsors logos also to the archived videos and advertise this in the
sponsoring brochure. But I don't know if this makes a big difference to
our sponsors. How much effort would this be on the videoteam side?

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.