Re: [Debconf-video] FOSDEM video coverage

On Mon, 2012-01-09 at 16:56 +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Samstag, 7. Januar 2012, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > Carl, note, Janson is a 1415-seat auditorium. It is *huge*; walking from
> > the top all the way to the bottom takes several minutes, which is
> > annoying.
> >
> > I think having microphones on a stand may work well for smaller places,
> > but probably not for Janson.
>
> I think almost the opposite is actually true: in such a big room anything else
> wont work (hardly anyone will hear the question without a mic and passing it
> around takes too long). and 28c3 there was a >1000 seat auditorium and
> queueing up at mics and it worked really well.
>
> questions then have to be asked at the end - which is also sensible with a
> >1000 people audience.

I agree.  In larger venues queueing up behind a standing microphone for
questions is the *only* way to do it.  It makes it much easier to get
the questioner clear on camera as well.

I have also seen it, where there are two aisles leading to the stage, to
have two microphones and alternate the questions between them.

Cheers,
					Andrew.

andrew (AT) morphoss (DOT) com                            +64(272)DEBIAN
          Powering the .NZ namespace with Open Source Software