Re: [Debconf-video] Delivering DebConf videos

On Wed, 2011-07-27 at 22:44 -0300, Tiago Bortoletto Vaz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After some fails I finally managed to have localtv (MiroCommunity.org software)
> working in my server. Thanks to Asheesh Laroia for his help on this.
>
> I have a short and a long-term plan for MC in Debian. The short is doing some
> testing in order to be convinced that it will be a friendly and consistent way
> to deliver DebConf videos to the community.
>
> What I'm doing for this now:
>
> 1) installing and testing the software in my VPS
> 2) checking licenses of ~20 softwares that localtv depends on and are not in Debian
>
> Once 1 and 2 don't fail I'll try to get:
>
> 3) a debian/debconf server for providing the service
> 4) a ${whatever}.debian.net
> 5) an -annoucement/-publicity about this service
> 6) a patch for penta to build proper XML feeds for MC
>
> Any help from 1 to 6 will be very welcome.
[...]

I can look after step 6, but I can't help with the rest.

What is the current status of this?  I have held off the proper
announcement of DebConf 11 videos because Apache directory listings are
a terrible interface to videos and I hoped we could announce the new
site.  If that's not going to happen soon, what should we do?  Can we
still get the new videos indexed on <http://debian.mirocommunity.org/>?

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
I say we take off; nuke the site from orbit.  It's the only way to be sure.