Re: [Debconf-video] hardware & a meeting

Hi Wouter,

On Mittwoch, 15. Juni 2011, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> I can bring mine (a Velbon Sherpa 600), but it's not a film tripod, it's
> a still camera tripod (that is, it doesn't support panning without also
> unlocking the tilt angle).

ok, not 100% sure, but I assume we can get a proper camera tripods.

> I can bring a camera, if needs be; it's been used at FOSDEM 2010.

that might be more useful. atm
http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Videoteam/Hardware lists no cameras...

what model do you have?

> Since I'll be coming by car, I can also transport some equipment from
> Belgium (or somewhere along the road) to debconf (and vice versa), as
> long as you don't expect me to take entire truckloads :-)

heh. a huge van maybe? ;)

> I've got a new laptop on order. If it arrives in time (it should have
> arrived nearly a month ago, but it's still not here...) my current
> laptop (2Ghz Core2Duo with gigabit; I also have an ExpressCard FireWire
> adapter) will become available.

nice. that might be a nice backup machine (in case of our laptops breaks or we
dont get enough in the first place). please bring it! (and good luck getting
your new laptop!)

> Apart from that, I can also bring my old PowerBook; but that one doesn't
> have gigabit, so might not be as interesting.

yeah. its also more effort as its ppc....

> Works for me, though I do have other arrangements on some days. I'll
> give more details once there's a doodle ;-P

hehe

> > And you should totally add yourself to
> > http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf11/Videoteam/Help if you havent done
> > so already.