[Debconf-video] Video for the Italian DebConf 2007 (DCC-IT_07)

Hi all!

Please Cc: me, I'm not subscribed to the debconf-video list.  I Cc:ed
the d-d-italian mailing list for information, but please continue the
discussion on the debconf-video mailing list.

During this year's Italian DebConf [1] I recorded all the talks except
mine [2].  Unfortunately, I couldn't follow Holger's guidelines [3],
because I didn't know them at that time.  This resulted in not having
the best luminosity and using my SONY DCR-PC55E's internal microphone
(i.e. quite a lot of background noise).

To process the videos, I wanted to use only software present in main and
not to spend extra time on them.  This means that I didn't want to use
an external denoiser.  But because kino [4][5] doesn't have a denoise
filter, I'm mostly working with kino excpet for the denoising part with
cinelerra [6][7].

Here how I'm processing the DV videos:

1) grab them from the DV tapes with dvgrab
2) adjust them (i.e. trim) with kino (and save the project)
3) export from kino to raw DV
4) denoise the full raw DV (instead of the single 1G parts) with
   cinelerra
5) export from cinelerra to raw DV
6) encode them to [high|low] ogv [8] thanks to Holger's script [9] and
   ffmpeg2theora
7) watch both ogv to be sure they're OK
8) discard kino and cinelerra's raw DV (since I keep the DV tapes and
   maybe [10] the single 1G parts)

As I already talked to Holger about hosting these videos on the
"official" Debian meeting archive [11], here I am to ask how to proceed.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes:
[1] http://italiandebconf.debianizzati.org
[2] because since someone already left (including the projector and some
    plugs needed for it) and since the practical nature of my talk on
    Common Lisp I preferred something more "personal" around a chair ;-)
[3] http://layer-acht.org/video/general-howto/
[4] sorry, I'm a GTK+ guy...
[5] http://www.kinodv.org
[6] http://www.cinelerra.org
[7] installed from Christian Marillat's debian-multimedia.org
[8] http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/MIME_Types_and_File_Extensions
[9] http://layer-acht.org/video/encoding/
[10] I'm a bit out of disk space now...
[11] http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/