Subject: Flumotion videomixer
Date: Thursday 22 February 2007 16:26
From: Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>
To: Holger Levsen <debian@layer-acht.org>

        Hi,

 Flumotion 0.2 and later support "overlay" in the configuration and in
 the default pipeline; this will mix an image and a video and output
 video.

 GStreamer in gst-plugins-good supports video mixing via the videomixer
 element; install GStreamer tools for 0.10 and "gst-inspect-0.10
 videomixer" to get the API of the element.

 Flumotion 0.4.1 doesn't support videomixer in its configuration files,
 so it needs some explanations on how to map a XML configuration snippet
 to actual GStreamer elements.  You can start by looking at the
 "overlay" support code in flumotion and at the configuration syntax for
 the default pipeline.

 Quick start:
   aptitude install flumotion
 Then as user "flumotion-admin"; login / pass are user / test; follow
 the defaults and click next until the elements start running then
 export the configuration, it's a sample XML file.

   Bye,
--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>