Re: [Debconf-video] finishing the dc6 videos

Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> this is a call for help to finish the dc6 videos. Everybody can help, as the
> "raw" videos (mp4) are now online on apu.debconf.org, where you have accounts
> or can get them.
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebConf6VideoStatus shows the status of all videos.
>
> The following commands show, that either the raw videos have quite some
> dublicates or that there are some encoded videos are missing:
>
> holger@apu:/dvd/dc6raw$ find . -name "*-*"|wc
>     104     104    2782

I believe that includes broken MPEG-4 files from the first attempt.  We
were really interested in:

$ ls hacklab* tower* | wc -l
66

> holger@apu:/dvd/dc6raw$ cd ../2006/debconf6/
> holger@apu:/dvd/2006/debconf6$ for i in mpeg1-ntsc/ mpeg1-pal/ theora-small/
> theora-unscaled/ ; do find $i -type f | wc ; done
>      63      63    4943

The difference is the Aruba talk (not to be uploaded), the audio testing
(might end up as a DVD extra, not a priority) and "Governance of the
Debian project" (somehow missed uploading it).

>      63      63    4886

The difference is the Aruba talk (not to be uploaded), the audio testing
(might end up as a DVD extra, not a priority) and "Debian and the $100
laptop" (missed during my encoding from the first HD, and I haven't gone
back to it yet).

>      56      56    4467
>      32      32    2694

I think I have a lot of files still to be uploaded.  Others are not
encoded.  The wiki status page should tell you which.

> holger@apu:/dvd/2006/debconf6$
>
> Ben has written his encoding scripts as a Makefile and we have a complete
> backup of the raw videos on that machine also. (Plus we have 123gb free space
> for new encodings). So maybe we can just run make, fix the Makefile, run
> make, repeat until we have all the videos?
<snip>

No you don't want to do that.  Tell make which files you want.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings -- ben@decadentplace.org.uk shortened to ben@decadent.org.uk
If you've signed my GPG key, please send a signature on and to the new uid.