Re: debconf6 video wishlist :)

Henning Sprang wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 13:19 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
<snip>
> > Step 5 is creating the dvd(s), but IMHO it's neglectable in this scenario, as
> > it's the very last step, likely to be done after debconf. Please object if
> > you think different :-)
>
> I didn't look at womble's dvd creation scripts - if they work out of the
> box, we can provide dvd's right after the last talk.
<snip>

Regrettably they won't.  It took a lot of manual work to define the
structure of the DVD, though I hope to avoid much of that next time by
using a new program I'm working on, "webdvd".

At some point I should post something about the inconsistencies between
videos which made my job (and probably those of John and Holger, when
they produced MPEG-1 and Theora files) harder, and which I think we
should aim to avoid next time around.

Also, I didn't find mencoder to be a very reliable tool for filtering
and transcoding.  I shall probably find time to investigate other tools
in advance of the next conf.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings
When you say `I wrote a program that crashed Windows', people just stare ...