Re: The missing debconf videos (fwd)

Arto Teras wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 02:43:42PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
>
> > On Sunday 28 August 2005 01:28, Arto Teras wrote:
> > > They asked me at CSC if the disks on the video raid server can already be
> > > wiped and used for other purposes. Can I tell them to go ahead or do you
> > > possibly still need some files from there?
> >
> > John, do we have everything we need ? Please answer Arto and send a copy to
> > the list...
> >
> > Do we still have high-quality mp2s to produce good quality theoras ?
> >
> > Please tell me, if we need to download some more files.
>
> Hi,
>
> I don't remember having seen the answer to this question. So do you have the
> high quality mp2s or do you still need some files?
>
> (Actually we should now have two copies of the video files because the
> videoraid is still not wiped - will be soon - and meanwhile Harri Salminen
> copied them to our tape robot.)

John sent me a copy of his files.  He had AVI MPEG-4 files for almost
all the sessions.  For the 12/06 session, he had an AVI DVD file.  For
the 10/03 session the AVI MPEG-4 file is cut a few minutes short.  For
the 11/02 session there's an AVI MPEG-4 file from the back camera, but
not for the front camera that actually provided useful footage.  So for
these last two sessions I have used the MPEG-1 files from dc5video.

Subsequently John's hard drive crashed, but I have sent him and Holger
copies of these files.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings