Re: on creating ogg theoras

Hi,

John, are you still subscribed to debconf5-video ? I had to moderate your
message to get it on the list... we plan to have a video irc meeting (topics:
todo debconf5 and planning debconf6) this monday, september 12th at 17 UTC -
are you able to join ?

On Saturday 10 September 2005 01:38, you wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 16:27 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> > I want to create ogg theoras "now". Are better quality mpeg still
> > somewhere available or do I have to use the "normal" mpegs ?
> Do you have any particular ffmpeg command line you were planning to use?
> I'd like to start batch-processing the XviD versions into Theora.

There is a tool, ffmpeg2theora, available at
http://www.v2v.cc/~j/ffmpeg2theora/ or in unstable, which needs no special
options (except one to tune the quality).

While you're at it, could you also please create low quality theoras, with the
aim of 4gb in size _together_, so that all of them and the slides fit on
_one_ single layer data dvd... ?! (If you won't be able to do, it's fine, but
please tell.)

> BTW: All of the videos are finished at this point.  The mpeg1 collection
> at http://www.nixnuts.net/debconf5/ is as complete as possible.

Great, even Andreas debian-med and Danns Kernel Talk is there, I'm downloading
them now and will upload them later today... (I'm at the qa-meeting in
Darmstadt atm and a new round of talks is about to begin...)

regards,