Another Backup and Re: Status of the videoraid / remaining videos

Hi Arto,

On Wednesday 27 July 2005 01:42, Arto Teras wrote:
> Sorry for the delay in answering, I was out in the countryside without
> access to email.

No problem, I guess we all needed recovering time... :)

> I'll be back at the office tomorrow (Wed). The videoraid should be
> still untouched. I'll discuss what would be the best way to arrange
> you access to the machine / the files.

Good & thanks - also for this prerelease-information.

> (Just plugging it in one of our networks and opening ssh access may
> not be the solution our security people want, but in the test network
> it may be okay for a few named people. Anyway, I'll get back to you
> when I know.)

Yes, if everybody (? or a greater few) has http-access, it is absolutly
sufficient if very few people have ssh access... even the latter only may be
enough.

But we should keep a distributed backup, so I would suggest John telling us,
what needs to be backupped somewhere else. (Because it's only left on the
videoraid, as Johns harddisc crashed...)

regards,