Re: Status of the videoraid / remaining videos

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 07:56:31AM -0500, John Lightsey wrote:

> Please don't.  The bigger of the two hard disks crashed on Friday night.
> After fscking it and copying everything to a new drive, I'm missing some
> of the files that are still on the videoraid.  If it's at all possible
> to get the videoraid put online with ssh access, I'd like to download
> the missing files.  I haven't finished figuring out exactly what has
> been lost.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in answering, I was out in the countryside without
access to email.

I'll be back at the office tomorrow (Wed). The videoraid should be
still untouched. I'll discuss what would be the best way to arrange
you access to the machine / the files.

(Just plugging it in one of our networks and opening ssh access may
not be the solution our security people want, but in the test network
it may be okay for a few named people. Anyway, I'll get back to you
when I know.)

AJT

--
Arto Teras <ajt@iki.fi> --- See http://ajt.iki.fi for contact info