Re: Status of the videoraid / remaining videos

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 16:46 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:

> > > John, is there anything on http://www.nixnuts.net/debconf5/. yet, which
> > > is not available on dc5video.debian.net ?
> > I'm uploading some of the material from 0714 today, which includes
> > 06-Autobuilding_Experimental-Andreas_Barth.mpeg.
>
> John, could you please mail me excactly which files can be copied to
> debconf5video.d.n ?!

It's probably best if you just assume that everything I upload after
0714 is the correct and final version.  Most of the material after that
day was uploaded without any clipping/editing on the last day of
Debconf.  I wasn't thrilled with the idea at the time, but in hindsight
Erik was right to give people access to the material sooner rather than
later.  I'm going through everything and trimming off extra footage from
the beginning and end though.  It's easier for me to just work through
all of the talks one by one, so as you see files added to 0715, 0716,
etc just assume those are the final version.

Next year we'll give everyone a crash course in simple editing with Kino
before Debconf begins and we won't run into this problem.

Lesson learned #7092: No matter how rapidly the videos are finished
AFTER Debconf, it will not be rapid enough.  They must be finished
DURING Debconf.

John