Re: Status of the videoraid / remaining videos

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 01:42:10PM +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Jeroen, regarding the hosting on dc5video.debian.net:
> - we need a way to upload videos (and edit the index.html) to it, I volunteer
> to do that job.

You can get an account with write access to dc5video.

> - is traffic really no problem at all or should/must we use bit torrents, if
> we achieve to release videos in higher resolutions / a dvd ?

It's currently at about 100-200GB per day or so last time someone did
some measurements. Starting from monday it'll be hosted at a gbit
location, so barring slashdotting (which is IMHO both unlikely and even
then might be dealeable), no torrents needed.

> - I would like to establish a better (for more years & content) hostname _now_
> (and setup a proper redirect from dc5video.debian.net) - how about
> debconf-archive.debian.net ?

Sounds good to me, but regardless, I happily defer that decision to
those more involved.

> Also Ben Hutching (nick Womble2) said on #debconf today:
> <Womble2> I have constructed a Makefile that seems to work to make DVD images
> of the DC5 video
> <Womble2> I still need to sort out some menus and wait another 10 hours or so
> for the video conversion
>
> All, is there a single list of which talks need (more or at all)
> post-processing ? Who is able to work on that ?

A wiki probably would work best for this.

Regards,
--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar