fai + Re: Hardware status (URL)

Hi,

On Saturday 25 June 2005 16:30, Herman Robak wrote:
> Holger has made a summary of the hardware setup and status
> on <http://www.layer-acht.org/fai/fai-at-debconf5/>
> Please have a look, and voice any questions and objections
> you might have!

"btw", http://www.layer-acht.org/fai/fai-at-debconf5/ page also describes how
I plan to use FAI to maintain the complete debconf5 computer infrastructure.

So, if you know, we need this and this software (kernel) installed, please
read this page _now_ and try FAI _now_. It's pretty simple: install the deb
which is linked there and run "fai -N softupdate" as root. Shouldn't harm
your machine, but NO WARRANTY. But it was tested on x86 and amd64 so far.

Then you'll probably need more info how to change the fai configuration:

It's easy: check out the fai-repository (as described on that page) to /fai on
your test machine. Now edit /etc/fai/fai.conf and put a comment char in front
of FAI_SVNREPO="svn://svn.debian.org/svn/fai-config-dir/trunk/debconf5" and
set FAI_LOCATION=/fai (it's commented out before.)

Now you can edit the fai configuration in /fai locally and play with it.

I'll move this to the webside mentioned above ASAP and provide more info how
to adapt the fai configuration to our needs.

> Holger and I will bring USB harddrives.

Nope, I'll bring a usb2.0/firewire combi case (3.5") ;-)

> We should do an
> inventory on the next IRC meeting.  Suggested meeting time:
> Monday at 1700 UTC.

I'll be there but I'm also asking myself and you if we shouldn't use mail
because of our time zone differences.... But doing the inventory (also on the
machines) tonite is a good idea anyway.

regards,