Re: HLUG Video stream collection

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 19:30:58 +0200, John Lightsey <lightsey@debian.org> wrote:

Hi everyone,

From the sound of recent discussions, we're leaning towards theora or
mpeg1 as the video codec.  If anyone is interested in taking a look at
XviD/DivX though, I have some of the HLUG DVDs encoded at the various
settings in /usr/share/kino/scripts/exports/ffmpeg_divx.sh on my
website.

http://www.nixnuts.net/video/

 On my laptop, Mplayer quits with "End of file" before showing anything.
I had to extract the URL to the AVI file from the asx file. (What is the
benefit of using asx?)

In VLC the videos are not seekable; I can not jump into the middle of
the video.

--
Herman Robak