Re: Video Capture and Streaming Battle Plan (was:Fluendo, DV capture & other bits and pieces)

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 18:25:46 -0500, John Lightsey <lightsey@debian.org> wrote:

Camera operator->starts/stops/pans/zooms/monitors/renames so that each
presentation is a single DV file on the USB drive named
Joe_Presenter--Presentation_Title.dv

 So far so good. (That's what I have done myself; tried and true.)

Drive-guy->at the end of the day, plugs each drive into the encoding
server when prompted (assuming it's not possible to plug them all in at
once and leave them until the following morning.)

 Unless the network is really flaky, we could skip this step,
and rsync¹ the files from the laptop to the server during the talks.
Once the talk is over and the file transfer finishes, the encoder
can start compressing the file.  Thus a talk at 10 AM can be online
at noon.  Western Europe would not mind the timeshift, anyway ;-)

¹Is rsync the ideal way to copy a file while it is growing?

--
Herman Robak