Re: Call for bids for DebConf24

Giacomo Catenazzi dijo [Thu, Nov 02, 2023 at 08:56:19AM +0100]:
> I think me, like others, are still following DebConf organization. OTOH I'm
> not sure Vaumarcus is an option: not much hotels nearby and the venue is
> small compared the expected attendance.
>
> But I'm ready to help, or to help other venues on that style (venue,
> accommodation, food on same place), or also on some new ideas. To potential
> local team: do not worry: previous organisers can do much of the work.
>
> Costa Rica? Mexico? Nicaragua?

I have been approached by many people suggesting a DebConf in
Mexico. For ~18 years, I have answered, "I support you, but I'm not
organizing it". Of course, I would do some things as local, but am
really unable to put any sizable amount of time into it. The country
has many great facilities where this could happen. Major touristic
destinations probably would be too expensive, but people should be
creative!

I think Argentina in 2024 could have great conditons for this, but I
wouldn't dream of committing to anything before the 2023.11.19
elections. I might, however, talk with some people.

Nicaragua is sadly very unadvisable due to their political situation.

> Italy? Romania?

I really think we should _try_ to make it to a venue in
Central/Western Europe.

> Do not be shy. Organising part is full of satisfaction.

Very much so!