Re: DebConf21 online, DebConf22 in Kosovo, DebConf23 in India, DebConf24 in Israel

Hi,

On Tue, May 11, 2021 at 12:12:54PM +0200, Daniel Lange wrote:

> We discussed with the teams on how to sequence the next in-person DebConfs and decided that:
>
> DebConf22 will be in Prishtina, Kosovo
> DebConf23 will be in Kochi, India
> DebConf24 will be in Haifa, Israel

I admit my gut feeling is not very good about this long term fixing.
Its announced now and its possibly my fault that I did not joined the
discussion, but fixing locations 3 years in advance seems not very good
to me.  Its diverging from our usual election process.  Conditions might
change and competing offers are ignored for a very long time.

Just mentioning my gut feeling without any criticism at the choice
itself but I'm betting we'll get lots of discussion about this (by
ignoring the unacceptable comment about Kosovo on debian-discuss).

Kind regards

      Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de