Re: DebConf 21 Incident Response

Hi M (2021.05.09_03:09:20_+0000)
> Hello from the Community Team! With DebConf a few months away, we wanted
> to talk with you about incident response procedures, code of conduct
> enforcement, and how we can help DebConf be great.

Thanks for reaching out.

So, I copied over the CoC and incident response page from DC20:
https://debconf21.debconf.org/about/coc/
https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/websites/dc21/-/blob/master/pages/about/coc.md

They seemed sensible and probably applicable again. Anything we want to
revise for DC21? Feel free to file MRs against it.

Issues I can think of from DC20:
1. Etherpad abuse that got reverted, and the author's account blocked in
   Salsa.
   We now have a mechanism to block accounts on the etherpad server
   itself, that we can use to clamp down on these faster. Anyone in the
   core video team should be able to take that action:
   https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-video-team/ansible/-/blob/master/roles/etherpad/templates/settings.json.j2#L375
2. Spam / offensive content on IRC. Was dealt with by speaking to the
   offenders. Can't recall if we had to resort to kicks and bans.

Nothing novel there that is of particular concern.

Do you want to join our next team IRC meeting? Should we add an agenda
item for CoC enforcement?

Thanks,

--
Stefano Rivera