Re: Please contribute to the DebConf20 closing announcement

[Cc added to video team]

On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 07:27:34PM +0200, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I have started to draft the announcement about "DebConf20 closes":
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/publicity-team/bits/-/blob/master/content/2020/debconf20-closes.md
>
> Any help is welcome, in particular, short paragraphs explaining the
> specialities of this year (team sprints, language tracks, all the setup
> for the streaming and remote participation, the social events...).

Just a first stab at something involving the infra:

"When it became clear that DebConf20 was going to be an online-only
event, the DebConf video team spent much time over the next months to
adapt, improve, and in some cases write from scratch, technology that
would be required to make an online debconf possible. After lessons
learned from the MiniDebConfOnline in late May, some adjustments were
made, and then eventually we came up with a setup involving Jitsi, OBS,
Voctomix, SReview, nginx, Etherpad, and a newly written web-based
frontend for voctomix as the various elements of our stack.

All components of the video infrastructure are free software, and the
whole setup is configured through our public ansible at
<https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-video-team/ansible>."

Video team: did I miss anything? If so, please speak up.

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard