Re: planning the dc20 schedule

On July 28, 2020 8:47:49 PM GMT+05:30, terceiro@debian.org wrote:
>Hi,
>
>We need start scheduling the DebConf20 activities. This is my proposal,
>please let me know if you strongly disagree.

>Given we have 7 days, I suggest we split them more or less
>proportionally so that each region gets it's share of "10:00 to 18:00"
>days, like this:
>
>- 3 days starting at 15:00 UTC
>- 3 days starting at 12:00 UTC
>- 1 day  starting at 03:00 UTC

I do not have a better plan to suggest, so I think it is ok.

One suggestion I have though is that since this is not an in-person DebConf, 10 - 18 hrs may not be the preferred time for all. I thought of mentioning this because while discussing for Malayalam track, most volunteers/speakers mentioned that they prefer either weekend or after 18hrs.

One doubt, are we planning to inform the speakers about their scheduled time beforehand for confirming their availability?

This year scheduling is going to be a real difficult task. :(