"Retiring" from DebConf

Hey folks,

I had been waiting for DebConf19's end to send this email. For lack of
a better word, I'm "retiring" from all my DebConf involvement.

I can't picture myself participating in a conference taking place in
Israel, much less helping organise one there. Against the continued
disregard for the rights of the Palestinian people, I feel the only
power I have as an individual living in North America is to heed
the call of the BDS movement [1].

I hadn't been doing a lot of orga stuff lately anyway and I did little
work on the DebConf Sponsors team this year. I'm mainly stepping down
from my coordination tasks in the DebConf Videoteam. Someone else
will have to organise meetings and events, craft agendas and keep track
of the team's deadlines from now on :)

As a result, I've quit a bunch of DebConf mailing lists, RT tracker
queues, Salsa groups and IRC channels. I've also asked DSA to remove me
from *@debconf.org* aliases. I'll still lurk in the DebConf Videoteam
IRC channel and on the mailing list, but it saddens me to say I will
not be doing any concrete work for the videoteam this year, or at least
nothing related to DC20.

I want to thank all the people that have helped organise DebConfs
in the past few years, and in particular the incredible folks part of
the videoteam. Thanks for the amazing ride this has been. I've learned
and grew a lot as a person since Heidelberg and DC15. More importantly,
I've had a lot of fun.

I sincerely hope one day we'll all get to see peace in Palestine and
Israel.

[1]: https://bdsmovement.net/what-is-bds

--
  ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀