Re: Debconf Saint-Petersburg

Hello Yury,

On 23.07.2019 12:26, Юрий Андреев wrote:
Dear colleague,

Has the next conference location been chosen?
Thank you!

Yes, DebConf for 2020 is already decided (Haifa). November was somewhat late to start a bid.

But DebConf for 2021 is undecided. Now bidding team should start to meet and form a team. It is also a good period to see how a DebConf work, and ask opinion and advice from actual and former teams.

In any case, you still have time. But on November you should have a good plan, and ready to discuss with Debconf people about problem you have encountered, so to have priority and help to finalize the bid.

For sure Russia will be an interesting bid, on the other hand we had a Debian Developer arrested in Russia because he was running a Tor node. Because many DD care a lot about privacy, this could create some fear for many potential participants. I think the bid should assure us about this issue.

ciao
	cate