Re: Video coverage for AH BoF

On 21/07/19 12:04, Martina Ferrari wrote:
> [Again, CCing antiharassment]
>
> Hi all,
>
> We know this is awfully late, but due to a chain of events, including
> that 2 out of 3 members of the team are not in Curitiba, we need to
> request some special accommodation for the AH BoF
> (https://debconf19.debconf.org/talks/71-anti-harassment-bof/).
>
> On one hand, it will be crucial to be able to dial in remotely, and put
> our faces on a projector. I suppose we can do this with jitsi and a
> normal laptop, but maybe there is something already prepared for these
> cases?
>
> On the other hand, both for our remote participation, but also for the
> increased scrutiny of the team, we think it would be good to have
> streaming of audio and/or video of the event. The event is currently
> shown as no-video, but we don't know if this is a flag that can be
> easily flipped or whether it is impossible to do at this stage.
>
> Please, help? :)
>

> PS: https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebConf/Video still links to the old
> mailing list, it took me a while to find the current address.

Hi Martina,

Yes it is a bit short notice, but I am sure that we can work something
out for you.

I would say that the simplest solution would be for you and Molly to use
jitsi and make a call with / to Steve.  Steve can than plug his laptop
into the video capture system.

This is known to work (modulo network issues) and is wheat we intend to
use for Ben's talk as well.

Sound might be a bit of a problem.  I *Think* that I will be able to
arrange sound so that you don't get to hear yourselves in an echo loop,
but that will need a test.  Would you be available at 5pm local time
here (10pm CET) for a test?

Many thanks

/Andy