Re: Diversity and Welcoming newcommers: T-Shirts? :)

Hi All,

There is a group from UTFPR named Emilias (http://emilias.dainf.ct.utfpr.edu.br/) interested in be a part of welcome team.
Emilias is a project from UTFPR to support women in technology.
So, they would like to know which are the plans for welcome team in DC19, exchange some ideas about it and how you can work together.

@Rhonda Could you be in touch with them?
The professors that have been leading this project are Nadia (nadiap@utfpr.edu.br) and Maria Claudia (mciemer@gmail.com)

Best regards,

Em ter, 2 de jul de 2019 às 14:48, Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana <phls@debian.org> escreveu:
Hi all,

On 02/07/2019 04:57, Rhonda D'Vine wrote:

>  Logistic wise I don't think there is too much needed.  I don't know
> what the original idea was when Jonathan asked me, but I think it would
> be wise like phls mentioned in #debconf-team yesterday to have a few
> shirts that also read "Welcome Team" on them might make sense, to have
> it visible.  I'm unsure how people are reachable on premise, guess
> through walkie talkies or similar, having one for someone to reach out
> to might be useful.  As sort of awareness contact, I don't see that part
> listed in the TeamRoles page, and it might fit to have that overlap.
>
>  I'll be around for DebCamp already, so we can discuss it onsite too,
> not too sure if logistic wise there is special needs.  Maybe Jonathan,
> Helen, Valessio or Steve have any specific ideas in their heads too.
>
>> There will be a decent number of newcomers, and it would be nice to have
>> some structured plan on how to guide them into our community.
>
>  One part of that will definitely be my "New to DebConf BoF" session
> that I'll co-host with Adriana :)  If you can add her as additional
> presenter to the session that would be swift:
> https://debconf19.debconf.org/talks/49-new-to-debconf-bof/

A long time ago, after DC17 (I think) there was a discussion about
create a "DebConf Welcome Team" for help newbies every year.

I am reading the discussion now about the diversity t-shirts and I think
its important we make it clearer.

These 2 shirts we are calling "colorful spiral" and "mariele" and people
will pay for it, they are not related with "Welcome Team", right?
These shirts are to support and promote diversity.

The conference is paying for 3 t-shirts: attendees (yellow), video team
(blue) and staff (green).

So, will we create a fourth shirt for the new "DebConf Welcome Team"?
If yes, what will be the colour? We just need define the new color.
If yes, this shirt will follow the same design: DC19 logo on the front,
sponsors logo on the back, right?

I am seeing we are mixing what is support/promote diversity in Debian
using the colorful spiral with the Welcome Team. In my opinion, they are
not necessary the same thing here.

Best regards,

--
Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana (phls)
Curitiba - Brasil

Organizador da DebConf19 - Conferência Mundial de Desenvolvedores(as) Debian
Curitiba - 21 a 28 de julho de 2019
http://debconf19.debconf.org

--
Adriana C. da Costa