Re: Diversity and Welcoming newcommers: T-Shirts? :)

     Hi!

On 6/29/19 1:14 PM, Antonio Terceiro wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 01:34:39PM +0200, Rhonda D'Vine wrote:
>>  it was suggested at some point that it would be swift if the people
>> from the diversity and welcoming team could have shirts with the
>> diversity swirl on it, to make it clearly visible.

 First things first, I did put up a wiki page for shirt coordination:
https://wiki.debian.org/DebConf/19/DiversityShirts

 If someone knows how much a shirt would cost, pretty please update that
information in the wiki page. :)  I hope my guess is not too optimistic
there?

> What are the diversity and welcoming team plans for debconf? Is there
> any other logistics that the local team needs to sort out beforehand,
> beyond making t-shirts?

 Logistic wise I don't think there is too much needed.  I don't know
what the original idea was when Jonathan asked me, but I think it would
be wise like phls mentioned in #debconf-team yesterday to have a few
shirts that also read "Welcome Team" on them might make sense, to have
it visible.  I'm unsure how people are reachable on premise, guess
through walkie talkies or similar, having one for someone to reach out
to might be useful.  As sort of awareness contact, I don't see that part
listed in the TeamRoles page, and it might fit to have that overlap.

 I'll be around for DebCamp already, so we can discuss it onsite too,
not too sure if logistic wise there is special needs.  Maybe Jonathan,
Helen, Valessio or Steve have any specific ideas in their heads too.

> There will be a decent number of newcomers, and it would be nice to have
> some structured plan on how to guide them into our community.

 One part of that will definitely be my "New to DebConf BoF" session
that I'll co-host with Adriana :)  If you can add her as additional
presenter to the session that would be swift:
https://debconf19.debconf.org/talks/49-new-to-debconf-bof/

 Enjoy,
Rhonda