Re: On the DebConf20 decision process

On 3/22/19 7:50 PM, Stefano Rivera wrote:

> Sorry, I think you misunderstood. The "You" was 3rd-person. I was
> speaking to a potential debconf organiser who didn't want to submit a
> bid for 2021, because Paulo had suggested that only European bids
> should.

We can write a BID from Brazil again to DebConf21.
just joking... :-)

In 2016 we wrote our BID to DC18. After the decision, I realized there
was a big preference for choose Taiwan because it would be the first DC
in Asia. Sure, Taiwan had many points better than us, but I think the
main point was be in Asia.

Don't get me wrong, I loved traveled to Taiwan and I believe it was a
great decision have DC18 there. No problem with that.
But If a knew this preference for having DC in Asia for the first time,
I would have prefer wait to run to DC19 and spend my time with other
activities than write the BID in 2016.

When I said about no countries outside Europe write BIDs and run to DC21
because there is a preference to choose a city in Europe, It's because I
don't want anybody frustrated like I was on that ocasion.
In the end everything was good because we had a great DC in Taiwan and
we will have another great DC here in Curitiba.
Anyway, its just my opinion.

Best regards,

Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana (phls)
Curitiba - Brasil
Debian Developer
Diretor do Instituto para Conservação de Tecnologias Livres
Membro da Comunidade Curitiba Livre
Site: http://www.phls.com.br
GNU/Linux user: 228719  GPG ID: 0443C450

Organizador da DebConf19 - Conferência Mundial de Desenvolvedores(as) Debian
Curitiba - 21 a 28 de julho de 2019
http://debconf19.debconf.org